Tuesday, May 09, 2006

Lost? Absolutely!


I must be the only person in the World who doesn't seem to appreciate Lost. The overly long and seemingly increasing use of flashbacks for back story is irritating and, I find, boring. Whilst the huge cast make it difficult to relate to any given character or follow their particular story arc, since they can often be missing for several episodes in a row. Oh, and there's the multiple, and by Multiple I mean a stupid amount of, plots which the scriptwriters will have a tough time keeping track of and that may never have any resolution, since I predict viewers will ultimately tire of the lack of conclusions and start switching off by season 4.

It is I suppose different viewing in a comeback, of sorts, for the television drama, but, personally, Life on Mars and Hustle are much more entertaining, eventhough it is utterly shameful that they only have a 6 to 8 episode run, against the seemingly endless 20 something for Lost (reminiscent of the 80's cartoon Mysterious Cities of Gold and who can remember how that one turned out?!)

Don't take my word for it, however, as the resident columnist in the Daily Mirror also harbours my theory on the confusibility of this apparent award winning American drama. http://www.mirror.co.uk/tvandfilm/shelleyvision/

No comments: