The inner moppet wobbly has abated, finally, but the weather outside has taken a decidedly dodgy turn being all grey, damp and somewhat blowy...joy...that'll be spring then. So, I've been a ponderin' as to what the heck to put in this 'ere space of interweb.....and so I bring you the TV Theme Tune Lyric Quiz....tis a flashy name which took me all afternoon to think up, can you not tell.
There's 25 shows to identify, some easy, some less than so and I've taken into account that many folk who peruse my pages are from that other land across the waters...so no excuses for getting stuck....There's no prize, but for the knowledge that you a are a smarty pants....who perhaps watches a tad too much television....but then what does that make me...ahem....moving on....the Quiz:
1. The indisputable leader of the gang
2. Some day the mountain may get them, but the law never will
3. It's true I hire my body out of pay
4. In my opinionation, the sun is gonna surely shine
5. Making your way in the world today, takes everything you got
6. Chillin' out, maxin', relaxin' all cool
7. Feet's too big, don't want ya cos your feet's too big
8. TV's, deep freeze and David Bowie LPs
9. Life is such a sweet insanity, the more you learn the less you know
10. It's like a kind of torture to have to watch the show
11. I could be wrong now, but I don't think so, it's a jungle out there
12. Burn the land and boil the sea, you can't take the sky from me
13. Some people stand in the darkness, afraid to step into the light
14. The hooded man
15. Facing mirror images that were not his own
16. There's four directions on this map, but you're only going one way
17. Home away from home for diplomats, hustlers, entrepreneurs and wanderers
18. On my way to where the air is sweet
19. Someone is smilin' right at me, wait that someones talkin' to me, hey, I gotta a new friend
20. Muddles and fishin' and wrestlin' and fishin', the day would come quickly when they would be men
21. Can't stay for long, just turn around and I'm gone again
22. And he's a gentleman, a scholar, he's an acrobat
23. Might solve a mystery, or re-write history
24. For beneath the surface, lies the future
25. No phone, no lights, no motor cars, not a single luxury
Oh go on then....for bonus smarty pants-ness:
26. Flippin' like a pancake, poppin' like a cork
So there you go, that should keep you busy for a little bit....I'll give you till Tuesday to figure them out and then I'll give the answers, and no cheating....I have eyes and spies everywhere!
While I still have an inability to walk far without causing some kind of mass destruction of inanimate objects due to my inner moppet dizziness I continue to languish within the confines of my bed (room) and therefore am getting up to not a lot....I did come across this which made me chuckle:
It's a gloriously sunny, almost, spring day outside...lawn mowers are working double time and entire families are out and about using transportation which isn't a car and apparently having oodles of fun. I however am bedridden, albeit a quite comfy and fully gadget equipped bedridden. As of last Thursday I was feeling absolutely fine...I passed the first module of my ECDL course with a respectable 97% and ate a double chocolate muffin in celebration, neither of which struck me down with any kind of affliction. Shortly after dinner I began to feel very oood (blame Doctor Who) indeed...imagine, if you will, being a passenger on a small fishing vessel rolling around a force 8 gale sea during a cream pie eating contest....and you get some indication as to my recent constitution.
Technically it's one of two things Labyrinthitis (which is not an allergic reaction to the sight of David Bowie in Spandex) or Vestibular Neuritis...the symptoms of which are very similar and both to do with the inner ear....if you ask me however it's a severe case of sea sickness...whilst being on dry land. And mine was/is apparently a severe case as for the last 48 hours I haven't been able to even sit up in bed without feeling as if I'd recently returned from a particularly heavy drinking session....so, no driving of heavy machinery for me for a bit...Oh and to make my world equally as enjoyable the I am apparently allergic to the anti-nausea medication the Doctor (no not that one) prescribed so I'm having to ride it out the hard way...bucket-o-fun.
Any activities for the bored, bedridden and chronically dizzy would be greatly appreciated as I can only watch The Goonies so many times in one day.