Wednesday, July 12, 2006

Outdoors Girl

I had an errand today which should have taken around ten minutes to cycle to the post office and send off a parcel to Ally in N. Ireland.....I left the house on my bike at around 11am and then didn't get back until after 4pm.

Did I get lost....No. I just didn't feel like going back to the house, so I took myself on a little cycling trip around Bognor and Chichester. I just kind of made it up while I went along; passed my old house at West Meads and then to Tesco to buy a sarnie via my old schools. I headed out to the Chi back road (which is across town from Tesco) and intended to cycle as far as Mundham but then I was still enjoying my little ride so I took to canal towpath at Hunston into Chi. I had half my sandwich and decided to cycle to Bosham....but I took a wrong turn some where and ended up at Dell Quay via the Chichester Marina (never mind).


I fully intended to carry on to Bosham but as it was 2.30pm already figured I'd better head home....Though I couldn't help a diversion through South Mundam on the way through (cute little village cottages and corn fields what's not to love) where I polished off my remaining tucker sitting under a tree next to a cornfield (shame it wasn't cucumber sarnies with ginger beer as it would've been very Enid Blyton esque).


I peddled back through the gate somewhen after 4pm and, I don't mind saying, my tousche hurts....A day relaxing in the garden is the plan for tomorrow, and after the twenty odd miles I rode today it's well deserved.

1 comment:

Emma said...

my bum aint used to cycling more than a couple of miles that's for sure...and so much for the lazying in the garden today...the sun went away!!!