Tuesday, July 18, 2006

Heatwave!!!



Yes we're having a heatwave and by definition alone it's f**king hot!! so what do people do on a day like today (temps reaching 32 degrees C); beach it and have a swim, stay in the shade, cold showers, think cool and less is more right? wrong I took a leisurely cycle (again) taking me from Bognor to Chichester to Bosham and to the Witterings via the ferry, then back to Bognor....and I didn't undertake this little jaunt early in the morning or this evening as any sensible sort...no we're talking heat of the day.

I got through around 3 1/2 of 4 litres of water and took a cold shower when i got in...so phew!! Now I'm knackered and my left knee is giving me jip (like an arthretic pensioner) and so, considering I'm to cycle to Clog's fun day on Friday, the bike is staying in the shed for the rest of the week.

Oh, just remembered I saw Superman Returns last night which was actually pretty good. Kevin Spacey as Lex Luthor was a very good choice as he pulled it off really well. The opening credits, which have retained John Williams' score and the title effects, were fantastic. It made me think 'this is what it must have been like to watch Star Wars (IV) for the first time....It was very cool and definitely has to be seen on the big screen!!

No comments: