Sunday, January 10, 2010

Snow Day!...Again

Most of the country is still snow bound, we really don't handle even a light dusting of the white stuff too well on these shores...Oh, how Canadians and Scadanavians must be chortling at our British uselessness.  Schools are still closed, many roads are still impassable, pavements are a lawsuit waiting to happen and services are limited (we've had no post since last Tuesday, all rubbish collections are off kilter), salt for the roads are in desperate short supply in some areas, shops have little but sprouts to offer (which may lead to further disruptions....Greenhouse gas, weird weather, Arctic winter in UK, nothing but sprouts in shops....Greenhouse Gas etc) and still those pesky Arctic conditions refuse to loosen their grip.

Today I managed to leave the house and venture to one of my most favourite places, and one which I have never seen in such conditions...mainly because in my 30 years I have NEVER seen such conditions...so, to Kingley Vale where I ooh-ed and ahh-ed at the scenery, engaged in some snow realted activites and completely pummled dear 'ol dad with snowballs:

In the summer it looks like this...



And today...

 

 

 







 

 

 Assortment of wintery scenes.....

 

 




 

 

Not my handywork, but this was a full size Igloo

 

My attempt at a snow Dalek....didn't really have the right utensils (ie a couple of plungers and a whisk)
 
 


Crikey...those drifts are deep....

 

Actually the snow was about 8-10 inches and my tomfoolary led to the following situation....


4 comments:

Kimberly said...

Cheater, you were on your knees! My daughter and I were ooohing and aaaahing at the deep snow on your FB page! LOL Come to your blog and see you laying on your butt!

Love the summer/winter shots!

Emma said...

Hehe...indeed I was, and than got considerably damp trying to stnad up again :-S

To be honest though there were some areas when the snow had drifted which were several feet deep....looks like that may be our lot, the temperature for the weekend is a positively balmy 7 degrees and with it....rain...yay, she said sarcastically

Lori Watson said...

I love the last picture. Too much fun. :-)

Emma said...

Ta Lori, I laugh in the face of "30"