Tuesday, January 15, 2008

Viruses and Cons

The job hunting continues and I am currently keeping my fingers crossed on a couple of applications I recently put in, but more pressing matters are interfering with my new life in Worthing....namely a warthog of a virus which has invaded my computer.

I've never had a virus before and it has been an annoyance to say the least. I'm fortunate that my files don't seem to have been corrupted thus far and it's a general 'can't use internet'/ 'make computer run really, really slowly' type of virus. Not entirely sure as to why I am worthy of some 'basement living', star wars action figure collecting, geek-a-zoid's attentions as I have little money to sponge and surf nothing more interesting than TV gossip sites and forums rather than the infinately more interesting 'minute by minute on Britney's breakdown' or 'find your secret government codes here' type websites.....I guess the notion that I am special has leaked to the masses and they feel threatened.

So I'm back in Bognor, at least for the night, and hoping that 'da man' can fix the problems so I can return to my meager existence......on the plus side I have read more pages of my Wilbur Smith book in the last few days than I have in the last two years, so every cloud....etc

In other news Wolf Pegasus Three is a week Friday....how quickly has that come round?.....and I am approaching 'excited' mode...though a little less when surrounded by people who have never heard of the guests whom I'm incessantly wittering on about, but what a class act they are to me and other sci-fi geeks like me....top billing has to go to Paul McGillion - the incredibly sweet natured Dr Carson Beckett (on SGA), but credits also include: Smallville, The X-Files, Stargate SG1 and not forgetting Sliders, Next Tori Higginson (Elizabeth Weir, SGA), Kavan Smith (Major Lorne, SGA) and also The 4400, Battlestar Galactica, The Outer Limits, Dean Marshall (Sgt Bates, SGA) also Smallville, The Dead Zone, Da Vinci's Inquest and Tommy Boy (!), Kate Hewlett (Jeannie McKay, SGA) also A Dog's Breakfast, Kevin Hill and Dark Water and, just announced, is Jonathan Woodward who has appeared in Firefly, Third Watch, Buffy the Vampire Slayer...but probably mostly known as Knox in Angel......quite a line up you must agree.....and if you don't *blows big fat raspberry*

No comments: