Monday, April 19, 2010

"Don't Move! You're Surrounded by Armed Bastards!"

Actually quite giddy, as I just met one of the best talents on British TV.  He attended a talk at a local University and, as non students were allowed to go, I grabbed up a couple of tickets.

Charming, hilarious and with a potty mouth his alter ego would be proud of, Philip Glenister, aka Gene Hunt, talked about his acting career thus far and some of the hijinx behind the scenes of  Life on Mars & Ashes to Ashes (Anyone who hasn't seen either series should go and purchase the boxsets forthwith....Josh) one story of a scene involving the cast, a bunch of naked blokes and, shall we say, one rather over excited extra and a bucket of awkward had the crowd in fits of giggles.

4 comments:

Firefly Mom said...

First, great title.

Second, I see that you were rockin' a very cool Star Wars shirt. "Impressive. Most impressive" (said in my best Darth Vadar voice) ;)

Third, you do realize how lucky you are to meet all of the people you do, right? Besides the delicious JA, is there anyone left that you haven't met??

Firefly Mom said...

For the record, that third wasn't meant to be in a jealous tone. More of a "I bow at the feet of the master" tone ;D

Emma said...

Haha, yeah I know...personally I blame David Hewlett and ADB, as the very first con I went to was because I went to London to see a screening, and then the addiction began.

There's LOADS of people who are on my wish list JA included...for example I still haven't met John Barrowman and that dude gets everywhere!

And of course it would be kinda nice to meet that Oregon based writer of Pack of Hungry Snails...I hear she's kinda cool...for a geek ;-)

Firefly Mom said...

Oh, I AM cool! Ya know...for a geek. And yes, it would be nice to finally meet IRL. Though I'm not sure the world is ready for it ;D